It’s your wedding and you only get one shot at getting it right. Here are some suggestions to take to heart as you think about the big day:
- You are the one getting married. Therefore, you have the right to make it reflect who you are. Focus on the kind of celebration you want, not the one other people expect you to have. Don’t include things that don’t matter to you.
- Decide early on who will be in your wedding party. Then stick to it! If you change your mind after they’ve said yes, you deserve the resulting anger and frequent loss of friendship.
- Children involved in the ceremony are the “cute” factor. Whatever they decide to do at the last minute will be cute – even if they lay down in the aisle and kick and scream. Determine that it’s ok with you – whatever happens. If you will be upset by their antics then perhaps you don’t want children involved.
- You may be nervous as the ceremony time approaches, but stick to non-alcoholic drinks prior to the ceremony. You want to be able to walk straight and speak clearly!
- Don’t forget to eat something, even if you don’t feel like it on your wedding day. Famished, fainting brides and grooms are more frequent than you’d guess. We’ve seen our share!